Saturday, April 26, 2008

Interview with a Consulate

Yesterday, I overcame my final obstacle in getting into Korea. I know, it was a long and arduous journey, but after a series of Herculean tasks of mental, physical, and spiritual fortitude, I have it. Behold! The Visa!!!


(not sure what's sensitive information, so covered up a few important-looking things)

What final, death-defying hurdle did I overcome to receive such a fabled treasure? The INTERVIEW!!!

Essentially, the interview consisted of a person from the consulate reading my application form and then posing that which I had already written in the form of a question to myself, i.e. "So you're working for the Chung Dahm Institute?", to which I would reply, "Yes." Again, "Wow, so you went to school at Berkeley?" "Yes." "What did you study?" "Psychology." As it clearly states in the section marked Major. Again, I ask, What purpose does this serve? Maybe if I were an ill-prepared shape-shifting alien or a tripped-out serial killer in an Erick suit, this interview may have fulled me, and I stress may. But as it turned out, they were foolish enough to grant me entry into their country, and now I shall subjugate them all!!!!!
Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Also, the other day my sister was watching a show about disgusting foods that other countries eat (because our foods are far less disgusting. I don't feel like crap after eating a drive-thru burger, oh no! anyways...), and it referred to the Korean way of eating octopus, called sannakji. If you haven't seen it, go check it out on YouTube, but essentially, what they do is take live octopi and pull them like taffy and chop them up. And since they're crazy cephalopods, they keep twitching for something like 2 or 3 hours after they are diced. A little grossed out, yeah, a lot intrigued, uh huh.

1 comment:

Jake said...

Ive been saying the whole time you HAVE to eat the octopus, just don't be drunk, people die from it drunk every year since they choke. Also old people die cause they have weak muscles and poor concentration. Watch Old Boy for inspiration. Your trip will be a lot like that.